David Payab, Esq.Woodland Hills Lawyer
Founder of the Law Office of Payab & Associates and a part of the State Bar of California for 20 years, David Payab, Esq. has successfully litigated many complex disputes including employment, wage and labor disputes, racial and sexual discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, whistleblower cases, car accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, personal injury, slip and fall cases, dog bite cases and wrongful death matters.
David Payab’s goal is to provide insightful, timely, cost-effective, and results-oriented legal advice and representation to his clients. He is committed to responding quickly to your legal needs and resolving your cases favorably. He takes pride in offering his clients high-quality service and personalized attention.
David Payab has been the Legal Adviser to all USC's undergraduate and graduate students for over 12 years. Mr. Payab has established a great reputation among his clients and locally in Woodland Hills and the San Fernando Valley. He has over 360 five-star reviews on Yelp, Google, and Avvo from happy and satisfied clients. Also, Yelp has provided Mr. Payab with a "People Love Us on Yelp" award for three years and his law firm is BBB accredited with an A+ rating.
- State Bar of California, 1997
- Supreme Court of the State of California, 1997
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1997
- Judicial Extern with Judge Aurelion Munoz & Judge Loren Miller at the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Extern at Civil Litigation Division of City Attorney’s Office
- Legal Adviser at University of Southern California for 12 years
- Confidential Plaintiff v. Confidential Defendant – Resulted in $5.5 Million Settlement
- Confidential Plaintiff v. City of Los Angeles – Resulted in $900,000 Settlement
- Confidential Plaintiff v. Confidential Defendant - Resulted in $550,000 Settlement.
- Confidential Plaintiff v. Confidential Defendant – Resulted in $227,500.00 Settlement
- Reported Case: David Talasazan v. Northridge Arena Soccer League, Inc. et al., 2002 Cal.App.Unpub LEXIS 11236 Filed December 4, 2002
- Reported Case: Kamran Mehdizadeh v. Stephen Wexler et al. 2005 Cal.App.Unpub WESTLAW 2032200. Filed August 24, 2005.
- Spanish (spoken by staff)
- Southwestern University School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1996)
- California State University, Northridge, California (Bachelor of Arts, 1993)
Honors and Awards
- People Love Us on Yelp Award' for 3 years (2015, 2017, and 2018)
- Avvo Clients’ Choice & Top Attorney Awards for Employment
- Avvo Clients’ Choice & Top Attorney Awards for Personal Injury
- Highly Recommended by Locals Award by Alignable
- Serving the Community Award by LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award from Lawyers.com
- Best Businesses of Woodland Hills Award
- 2018 Elite Lawyer Award for Wrongful Termination
- 2018 Elite Lawyer Award for Personal Injury
- American Jurisprudence Book Award – Civil Pretrial Practice
- American Jurisprudence Book Award – Insurance Law
Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- California Employment Lawyer Association (CELA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Santa Monica Bar Association
- South Bay Bar Association
- Long Beach Bar Association
- Burbank Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Over 20 years of legal experience
- Recipient of “People Love US” on Yelp for 3 years
- Over 360 five-star reviews on Yelp, Google & Avvo
- Rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau
- Tens of Millions of dollars recovered for our clients
- No fees or costs unless we recover money for you
- We speak Spanish
The Law Office of Payab & Associates Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Melissa, a Wrongful Termination Client.
The Law Office of Payab & Associates Going with David for help was the best thing I could have done.
Ashley, A Dog Bite Case Client.
The Law Office of Payab & Associates I highly recommend Payab and Associates.
Joel, a Client regarding Employment and Wage & Hour matters.
The Law Office of Payab & Associates There are no words to express my appreciation.
Alan, an Auto Accident Client.
The Law Office of Payab & Associates I felt well represented with Mr. Payab as my attorney.
Cesar, a Wrongful Termination & Personal Injury Client.
The Law Office of Payab & Associates It was really a pleasure having him as my attorney and I greatly recommend him.
Thuy D., a Slip and Fall Case Client.