Woodland Hills Gender Discrimination Lawyers
Protecting Victims of Sex & Gender Discrimination in the Workplace
Discrimination based on your sex or gender is still unfortunately common in many workplaces. Fortunately, both state and federal law has codified a number of workers’ rights, including the right to a harassment-free workplace and the right to receive equal benefits and opportunities. Workers of any gender can be discriminated against and harassment not only greatly decreases productivity but may cause permanent damage to the reputations of both employers and employees.
If you have been discriminated against at your workplace, contact our Woodland Hills employment law attorneys at the Law Office of Payab & Associates. We can be reached at (818) 918-5522 and are ready to fight for you.
What is Workplace Gender & Sex Discrimination?
Gender & sex discrimination is any negative act in the workplace that occurs based on your sex or gender. Sometimes this form of discrimination can be easy to recognize, but often you can be subjected to subtle forms of discrimination.
Some common examples of sex & gender-based discrimination in the workplace include:
- Discrimination based on pregnancy
- Sexual harassment, including unwanted contact or comments
- Being passed over for promotions or other opportunities based on your gender
- Receiving less pay for doing the same work as a co-worker of a different gender
- Receiving different job duties for the same work, such as only having men lift heavy objects
- Discriminatory interview questions, such as questioning only women applicants on their family plans
- Discrimination based on gender identity, including harassment of transgender employees
- Discriminatory dress codes, such as only requiring women to wear specific forms of dress
- Discrimination based on your sexual orientation, or your perceived sexual orientation
- Illegal Firing
No matter what your job or position, discrimination can be prevalent. Whether it is from a manager, co-worker, CEO, or another company employee, it should never be tolerated. Our lawyers will work to deliver the legal help you need.
Retaliation for Reporting Gender Discrimination
Employees may feel intimidated by the prospect of reporting sex or gender discrimination at work. They may fear retaliation from their employer if they file a report or pursue a lawsuit.
However, it is important to remember that employees are legally protected from this type of retaliation in the workplace. You have the right to report discriminatory behavior, and if your employer does not handle the behavior sufficiently, you have the right to report your employer's wrongdoing.
If you fear retaliation for reporting sex discrimination, or are already experiencing such retaliation, retain our team right away.
Holding Employers Accountable
Filing a gender discrimination claim can do more than get you the justice you deserve. These claims also serve as a warning for employers and companies and protect other employees from the harassment you have faced. Our Woodland Hills employment law attorneys understand the importance of holding negligent employers accountable which is why we work hard to ensure that you have a thorough advocate who will fight for you.
Call the Law Office of Payab & Associates today at (818) 918-5522 to schedule a free initial case consultation.