WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR INITIAL CONSULTATION WITH YOUR EMPLOYMENT LAWYER
When you meet for your initial consultation with your employment lawyer, the lawyer will want to hear a brief summary of the following:
– a short description of the employer
– your rate of pay and hours worked
– key events in chronological order, with the dates
– names of individuals involved in setting your wages and hours
– names of coworkers who may have information about your particular wage and hour issue, and
– an estimate of the amount of wages and overtime pay that you believe your employer owes you.
You should also bring pay stubs or other documents that show your rate of pay and hours worked. You may want to request your personnel file and pay records from your employer before your meeting.
David Payab, Esq. from The Law Offices of Payab & Associates can be reached @ (818) 918-5522 or by visiting http://payablaw.com/